MILLWRIGHTS LOCAL 2736 HEALTH BENEFITS PLAN
The Millwrights Local 2736 Health Benefits Plan (formally known as the Millwrights, Machine Erectors and Maintenance Local 2736 Health and Welfare Plan was established effective April 1, 2008, to provide group life and health benefits for eligible bargaining unit members of Millwrights, Machine Erectors and Maintenance Local 2736 and their covered dependents. It is funded under the terms of collective agreements negotiated between the Union participating employers.
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
The Millwrights Local 2736 Health Benefits Plan is governed by four Trustees appointed by the Union in accordance with its bylaws. The Trustees are:
- Joe Jukic
- Brian Zdrilic (Chairman)
- Miro Maras
- John Fisher
- Carey Simpson
The plan is based on an Hour Bank system. Your employers contribute for each hour worked under the collective agreement. These hours are accumulated in your Hour Bank to provide you with coverage when you meet the eligibility requirements.
You are able to maintain your coverage by self-payment during periods of reduced employment if your hour bank drops below the required number of hours to provide monthly coverage.
The plan includes
- Basic Medical and hospital insurance (MSP-BC) (Provincial government plan - insured and paid by the Medical Services Plan of B.C.)
- Short Term Disability (STD) benefits for non‑occupational disabilities(insured and paid by the British Columbia Life and Casualty Company) (This benefit was formerly known as Wage Indemnity or WI)
- Group Life insurance (insured and paid by British Columbia Life & Casualty Company)
- Dental care benefits (insured and paid by Pacific Blue Cross*)
- Extended Health Care (EHC) benefits (insured and paid by Pacific Blue Cross*)
- Emergency Medical Travel Assistance (included in EHC)
- Jury Duty, Bereavement Leave(self-insured by Trustees, paid by Plan office)
The Trustees have hired Pacific Blue Cross* to administer the Plan on their behalf. Every month, participating employers contribute to a trust fund on behalf of their eligible employees. The Trustees hold and invest the fund, which is used to pay for benefit coverage and for operating expenses.
The information on this web site is an outline of the benefits provided by the Millwrights Local 2736 Health Benefits Plan and is not a contract. This Plan only covers those benefits listed above and included in the Plan Summary and the Plan Booklet. For further information about the Plan, contact the Plan Office or Millwrights Local 2736.